Sunday, June 27, 2004

what'll you do when you get lonely,
and nobody's waiting by your side?
you've been running and hiding much too long.
you know it's just your foolish pride..

layla, you've got me on my knees,
layla, i'm begging, darling please,
layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind?

i tried to give you consolation,
when your old man had let you down.
like a fool, i fell in love with you,
turned my whole world upside down.

layla, you've got me on my knees,
layla, i'm begging, darling please,
layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind?

let's make the best of the situation
before i finally go insane.
please don't say we'll never find a way,
and tell me all my love's in vain.

layla, you've got me on my knees,
layla, i'm begging, darling please,
layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind?

layla
eric clapton

funny how some songs just get stuck in your head in the morning, and never really let you go. i've been humming you all day, singing you on a rooftop over a cup of chai, but you've still got me.
i'm not seeing it. there's something, right there, staring at me with those wide open eyes, and i'm looking right past it. and sometimes you want to escape so badly, to just be able to drop it all and walk..run..into the distance, where no-one can find you, and no-one can touch you, and none of this is real anymore.
but there's something, always something, tugging at the sleeve relentlessly, pulling you back each time you finally make up your mind to go.

somewhere in this darkness there's a light that i can't find,
maybe it's too far away, or maybe i'm just blind..
maybe i'm just blind


ah. line's been cast, we're asail..where to, and why, it doesn't matter. it never matters. running away has always been the easiest thing in the world, and i've always found myself taking the easy way out. that doesn't make me the best person you'll ever know, but i'm just trying to live..

someone's sitting in the car, worrying. baccha..nothing's being thrown at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment